How To Sell A House In Probate
In a family, when both or one of the parents dies, the question often arises of how to sell the house. The heirs have, as defined by law, a share of the profits from the sale of the property.
That being said, very often, the property is located in a different city, which makes the property difficult to manage and costly. In addition, insurance policies only cover an empty property for 30 or 60 days, depending on the insurer.
If you have inherited a property for which you must sell quickly, a local property investor will be your number one and best solution. There are several reasons, but let’s review the most important:
- Property investors pay cash for the houses they buy
- Property investors are great if you need to sell the house quickly.
- Even if the house needs repairs, they will pay cash for your house and never ask you to do anything to fix existing issues.
- There is never any bargaining. Just review and sign the agreement to get a quick sale.
- People who say “We buy houses” are familiar with the Confirmation in Scotland, or probate in England and Wales process. Sometimes uncooperative heirs, judgments and other obstacles arise. This can prolong the process, forcing some people to give up the deal. Unlike a traditional buyer, property investors are ready to wait for the legal process, EVEN if it takes a year or more.
Use a property investor to your advantage.
In Scotland, to sell the estate of a deceased person, a Confirmation from the court is needed (equivalent of probate in England).
It’s a legal document giving authority to the executor. Generally (but not always), the house in question needs maintenance, renovation and may even be close to demolition. You can still sell a probate house quickly and be paid cash for the house. This will prevent the heirs from having to deal with complex problems. You may need to have a few sibling battles, but this is normal when you have to sell a probate house.
Once you’ve reached an agreement, it’s time to contact your local property investors. Sell my house quickly.